top of page

Any Questions?

Where are you located and how do I get there?

We are located in the Khao Yai National Park area of Thailand about 150km's from Bangkok. The nearest town is called Pak Chong which is still very much a charming Thai town.

We arrange transport for our trainees from Bangkok the day before the course starts from our school in Bangkok. Alternatively, you can make your own way there via taxi bus or train.



Course Moderation
Why is the course moderation important?

The Examination Board or Awarding Body is the institution that sets and marks the examinations and/or assessment procedures needed in order to obtain the qualification. The ‘awarding body’ is the institution whose name will appear on the certificate that is given as a result of success on a course. e.g Trinity, Cambridge etc. This is what makes your qualifaction accepted by reputable institutions worldwide


The  moderator decides if the course has met the standards of the awarding body, in our case, Trinity College London.

The moderator is not involved in the training. He will come from London for the final day and will meet all of the trainees individually and as a group. He will discuss with the trainees whether they  have received the training that they expected. He will also review all the paperwork used by the trainers including all observation feedback and input sessions. The moderator makes recommendations to the centre and reports directly to Trinity College in London 



How much studying is involved in the course?

The Cert TESOL is accredited at level 5 on the UK qualifications and Credit Framework and as such there  is a  relevant  workload to be expected. There are input sessions and teaching practice from Monday to  Friday. There are facilities for free time including a pool and tennis courts. Weekends are  free! 

Anchor 2
What is the difference between TESOL, TEFL, ELT etc

ELT: English Language Teaching - a general, inclusive term used in the profession.


ESL: English as a Second Language - a general inclusive term to cover language learners where English is not the first language 


EAL: English as an Additional Language
English taught to non-English speakers who live in the UK and who need English for study or other purposes, in primary, secondary and tertiary education. EAL was formerly referred to as ESL (English as a Second Language) or E2L.


(T)ESOL: (Teaching) English to Speakers of Other Languages
The expression which is used to cover all forms of English teaching to non- English speakers; sometimes also used instead of EAL.


CertTESOL: Certificate of  TESOL

The name of the certificate issued by Trinity College London in recognition of having passed their moderated course 


(T)EFL: (Teaching) English as a Foreign Language
English taught to learners, both overseas and in the UK, who do not normally live or work in an English-speaking country.


CELTA: Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults

An English language teaching certificate that focuses predominantly on teaching English to adults


Note: There are many similar expressions which relate to aspects of ELT. The most common are EIL (English as an International Language), ELF (English as a Lingua Franca) or LFE (Lingua Franca English), ESP (English for Specific Purposes), EAP (English for Academic Purposes), EYL (English for Young Learners), etc. 



bottom of page